- Museums / Sightseeing - Theaters & Music Halls - Tourist Cards -
Museums / Sightseeing
Most museums are open from 10 am to 6 pm, and closed on Mondays. Last admission is usually 30 minutes before closing. The large museums have foreign language guides and their shops carry foreign language publications. Most museums accept the Budapest Card for free entry. "Museums in Budapest" is the best museum guide. For information regarding museums in other cities, the local tourist office should be contacted.
Also see www.budapestinfo.hu/en/.
Theaters & Music Halls
|The Hungarian capital is the center of the
country's theatrical and musical life. There are more than 30
theaters in Budapest. The Hungarian State Opera House, and the
largest concert halls: the Academy of Music, the Erkel Theatre,
the Pest Concert Hall, Duna Palace, Municipal Operetta Theatre,
Margaret Island Open-Air Stage and the Dominican Court of Hotel
Hilton are just the highlights of the many performance venues
the city has to offer.
Tickets are often sold out. Book in advance!
Tourist CardsUSA: INTERTICKET Hungary
Issued by Hotelinfo Kft.,valid for 13 months, transferable, offering many discounted services:
- 12 occasion 50% discount on return trips on MÁV Hungarian Railways and GySEV Railways lines within Hungary. - 6 occasion 50% discount on bus routes operated by Volán, the main Bus Company within Hungary. - 5-20% discount in some 1000 participating accommodation and catering establishments not only for cardholder but also for accompanying guests.
- 50% discount on highway tolls if you purchase a sticker (valid for certain period) or seasonal pass.
- 3 occasion 50% discount on car rental for 3 days.
- 5-100% off admission to some cultural events and museums.
- 5% off return ticket for the Mahart hydrofoil.